Sunday, September 28, 2014

Connecticut and the start of New York (Mile 740)

It has been a while since I have posted an update. Sagacious and I have been focusing on making miles recently and haven't spent much time in towns.

The rest of Massachusetts was fun. We had a couple opportunities to sleep indoors - in a church in Cheshire, MA, on the porch of trail legend Tom Levardi, and in a beautiful cabin at Upper Goose Pond near Becket. The cabin even included a pancake breakfast cooked by the caretaker in the morning. I'm so grateful that places like this exist.

The land in Western MA is incredible. One of my favorite spots was Sages Ravine right on the border of CT. It is beautiful and mysterious. I will definitely be returning there.

All of Connecticut was wonderful - scenic and largely flat so we got through it relatively quickly. We'll see how New York goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment