Friday, September 5, 2014

Vermont Vortex (Mile 540)

Whoops! I haven't hiked much the past couple of weeks. Vermont is too good for words and it is sucking me in with its farm fresh food and good vibes.

I did some restoration work on a home  foundation for a couple days and slept in the barn of a trail legend and ate like a king. One night was an all out party with Miss Janet, Baltimore Jack, and Dan (the aforementioned legend) all in attendance. I feasted and laughed with some of the best people I have met on the trail.

A couple days earlier I jumped off a bridge and was invited inside the house of a fantastic woman who cooked me breakfast.

Tonight I'm sleeping at one of the nicest hostels on the trail - the Green Mountain Inn in Manchester - eating ice cream and hanging out with friendly people while Craig recovers from some minor sickness. I got to watch the sunset over the mountains with a horse grazing in front of me. Life is good.

Despite my many off days I have still hiked some of my longest days (22 miles!!) and plan on picking up the pace through southern VT and Massachusetts.

No comments:

Post a Comment